Ice Maker Repair
An ice maker provides a home with a great deal of convenience. It is also an appliance that does not come with a DIY repair manual. That means when something breaks down, it’s time to contact the professionals at Plaza Appliance Service and ask about our ice maker repair service.
Ice Maker Components
Since there are multiple components that are involved in the detailed process of making ice, there are potential problems that could impact certain components on the machine. Here is a look at a few of the components that could potentially fail and call for ice maker repair.
- Water supply – The water that is eventually frozen into ice is brought in through a supply line, which can become damaged and impact the ability to produce any ice at all. There are other reasons the water supply could be malfunctioning, but an issue with the lines are most common.
- Mode – Ice makers have different modes and sometimes a unit is simply in the wrong one. An owner’s manual will tell you which mode is appropriate and that could lead to a simple fix instead of calling a professional for ice maker repair.
- Thermostat – If a thermostat is not working, it will give off warning signs that indicate the temperature is either too high or too low. Problems of this nature could freeze water prior to being in the cube mode stage. This may initially look more serious and is actually a quick fix for the professionals at Plaza Appliance.
There are several signs that will let you know that there is a problem with your ice maker. You will know it is time for repair when the following warning signs present themselves:
- Water is leaking
- Ice is melting at a very slow pace
- Unusual noises emanating from machine
- Increase in monthly energy bills
- Ice starts to contain strange tastes or smells
- Frost starts to appear in the dispenser area
- No cubes are being produced or dispersed
There are necessary components to every ice maker and for it to function efficiently, each one must be in proper working order. An important part of that process is the fill, which ensures there is an ample amount of water in the reservoir. The circulate pump then takes over and that leads into the freeze phase. The specialists at Plaza Appliance Service will check every component to verify this entire process is working correctly.
The next step is the harvest, in which sensors identify at what point the defrost mode should take over. This works by warming the frost plate so that the ice drops. Ice makers conduct the harvest process by either harvesting ice sheets that are then cut into cubes, while others directly harvest ice cubes. The overall process concludes by draining water, which requires a functioning drain system.
At Plaza Appliance Service, we inspect every part of that process to identify whatever problem that is preventing your ice maker from working. Some issues can be resolved with a thorough cleaning while other issues require the installation of new parts. Our technicians will recommend a solution and can even work within your budget.
Quality Ice Maker Repair Service
When you enlist the services of Plaza Appliance Service, you will receive top-quality workmanship. Our trained and certified technicians are skilled in working on ice makers from all the leading manufacturers, including Thermador, Dacor, Sub-Zero, Bosch, Viking and many others. Our ice maker repair in Charlotte, NC also comes with the following perks:
- Fully stocked trucks with hundreds of parts
- Use of OEM equipment and components
- Flexible scheduling
- Personable customer service
- Available warranties